How to store, transport and use Teflon tape, Teflon adhesive tape, PTFE tape, pure Teflon tape and other tapes during daily use and transportation?
1. Teflon tape should be stored in the warehouse to avoid sun and rain. It is forbidden to contact with the organic solvent of acid and alkali oil, keep it clean and dry at the room temperature (-15℃ to 40℃)away from the device.
2. Teflon tape should be placed in rolls without folding. It should be flipped once a quarter.
3. Use the crane to load and discharge the conveyor belt, and use the rigging with the beam to hoist to avoid the damage of the belt edge. Do not load and discharge arbitrarily.
4. The type and specification of Teflon tape should be reasonably chose with the needs.
5. Do not connect (match) tapes of different varieties, different specifications, strength, and layers of fabrics.
6. Teflon conveyor belt joints are preferably hot vulcanized to improve reliability and maintain high effective strength.
7. The diameter of the conveyor roller and the diameter of the smaller conveyor pulley should comply with the relevant regulations.
8. Don’t let the tape serpentuate, keep the roller, the vertical roller is flexible, and the tensionshould be moderate.
9. Avoid wear of the tape in case of the conveyor is equipped with baffle and cleaning device.
10. Cleanliness is the basic condition for the good operation of the tape. Extraneous substances can affect the belt eccentricity, tension, and even breakage.
11. If there is damage during using the Teflon tape, find the cause and repair in time to avoid the occurrence of adverse consequences.
Related terms in this article
Richard Gurley Drew applied in the United Kingdom and the United States that he developed a very light, pressure-matching adhesive, it was not sticky enough at the beginning, so Drew was told: “Get this tape back to your Scottish boss and ask them to put more adhesive!” (“Scotland” means “stingy”. But during the Great Depression, people had found hundreds of uses for this type of tape.